2015 is upon us, and although we don’t have our hoverboards or time traveling DeLoreans, this year is shaping up to be monumental for GeoRiot. As we move into the new year and approach our 5th birthday this February, we wanted to take a look back at all of the incredible milestones that you helped us achieve in 2014!
2014 was a busy time. For the second year in a row, total clicks served was well into the billions and we saw fantastic triple-digit growth in our client base over the year. In addition, we have added all sorts of new features to our service:
- We released the “Groups” page and the ability to add “Affiliate Overrides,” making it easier for you to organize and track collections of links, as well as allowing you to “override” the default affiliate parameters when needed.
- We unveiled a host of new metrics within our dashboard. These include Tracking Tags, Product Types, Referrers, Devices, Operating Systems, and Browsers.
- Our support for the Amazon Associates Program came out of its beta phase, bringing globally aware affiliate linking to the Amazon ecosystem. An enormous milestone in GeoRiot history!
- A Genius is born. We released the all-new “geni.us” links domain: which allows you to better connect your paying customers with the products they want to buy. Genius links help you bridge the “Purchasing Gap,” with the addition of all new “advanced targeting” rules and a full whitelist of supported domains.
- We analyzed half a million clicks to demonstrate the lifespan of an online music album release in our post titled “The Drop.”
- We mapped out all of the players within the entire Amazon Associates Ecosystem in this insightful infographic.
- Affiliating Amazon links in your WordPress site got a whole lot easier with the release of the Amazon Link Engine.
- We made it possible to integrate our technology into your own development project with the GeoRiot API.
- We brought you the most accurate conversion metric available for iTunes with the Relative Conversion Score, giving you valuable insight into which marketing campaigns are most effective.
- We introduced you to the Top 25 Affiliate Marketing Minds of 2014.
- We continued to help you further monetize your WordPress site by releasing the iTunes Link Engine.
In addition, we have also had the amazing privilege of being featured on these incredible websites and would like to extend a huge thank you to everyone involved:
- Nicholas Rossis’ blog
- Tech Cocktail
- Daily Rind
- Nick Daws’ Writing Blog
- Damien Walter
- Symphonic Distribution
- Neil Turner
- American Express
- John Chow
- Promotion World
All in all 2014 was an incredible year for the team at GeoRiot! Thanks to all of you out there who have helped GeoRiot become what it is today. We are honored to continue working with you in the New Year and promise to continue providing you with the industry’s best tools for maximizing all of your marketing efforts. Stay tuned, we have big plans for 2015!