To date, we at GeoRiot have largely focused on resolving the challenges that exists with marketing digital media and mobile apps internationally. But that’s all about to change…
Introducing, GeoRiot support for Amazon and their Associates Program – now in public beta!
“The geo-targeting and translation support for Amazon is opening an entirely new revenue stream for [record] labels. In the past labels have simply listed an Amazon.com link which means that these new links add to their sales revenue at no cost to them.”
-Ian Clifford, Digital Marketer (MakeItInMusic.com)
With 11 international storefronts, nine affiliate programs, and a massive global reach, Amazon’s ecosystem and their Associates Program, one of the oldest and most well-respected affiliate programs, are a massive beast to tackle. We’ve had Amazon in our sights since the start of GeoRiot, and we’re thrilled to now be able to expand GeoRiot’s patent-pending link translation and international affiliate service to support this e-commerce powerhouse.
Will It Be Like The Old GeoRiot?
While you can count on the same trusted service and top-notch client support you’ve come to rely on through our iTunes / App Store support, there are a few additional things we’d like to mention with regards to our new Amazon support. Here’s the low-down:
- No active click share! While our Amazon service is in beta it’s free, so you keep all of the clicks you can affiliate.
- Affiliation. Adding affiliate parameters is still a cinch. Just head to the “Affiliate” page in your GeoRiot dashboard to add parameters for each of your Amazon Associates Programs and maximize international commissions from your GeoRiot links.
- Reporting. Start using GeoRiot links for Amazon products today to immediately see trends with your Amazon click traffic and the international distribution of your link, from within your dashboard.
- Translation. Just as with iTunes/ App Store links, Amazon links are translated for international shoppers to ensure the best possible user experience, avoid error messages, and affiliate correctly. Keep in mind that our Amazon link translating capabilities are in beta and will only get better with time.
Give It A Whirl!
Even if you’re not familiar with the program, we encourage you try it out and open up a new revenue stream. To get started, follow the steps below, but remember that you can always give us a shout and we’ll walk you through it.
- Start by adding your affiliate parameters, for any existing Amazon Associates programs, into your GeoRiot dashboard on the Affiliate page.
- Build your first GeoRiot-enabled Amazon links. You can build georiot.co links on the Links page in your dashboard, or use the Quick Build format to build links programmatically.
- Watch your “Top Countries” report in the GeoRiot dashboard to determine which Associates programs you should sign up for next. Then follow our step-by-step guide and tutorial video to get signed up.
*Please note that “direct” links are not applicable to Amazon and external tracking is not yet supported. More details below.
We Want Your Feedback!
Over the summer we’ll continuously roll out additional features for our Amazon support until we reach parity with our iTunes and App Store Affiliate Program support.
However, the more you can share with us about your experience using our new branch of service, the more efficiently we can build out our product to help maximize your newest line of revenue.
Help us understand, what tools are essential to your Amazon affiliate linking needs? What percent increase in commissions are you seeing by using the international programs simultaneously? What categories of links are working well, or not so well, for you?
We rely on feedback from you, the people who use our service, to deliver results. So the more you tell us, the better we can craft our service to be of value to you.
As always, thanks for your continued support. We hope you enjoy!
– Team GeoRiot.
Additional Notes / Best Practices:
- While the iTunes / App Store Affiliate Program supports tracking tags added as an extra parameter within an affiliate link, Amazon does not. However, we’ll store any tracking parameters passed in and will ultimately offer reports on them in your dashboard.
- Currently, there is no “2nd Tier Click Management” in place for Amazon. As such, any click coming from outside one of the 11 countries that has an Amazon storefront will simply be sent along to the relevant item in Amazon.com.
- Please note that the Amazon Associates Program has some limitations around affiliates links inside apps and links to their Appstore.
- The “Excluded Products” list includes “…any product, including games and other applications, sold through the Amazon Appstore for Android…”
- Section seven of the “Program Participation Requirements” does not allow for links to be served within “…any site or application designed or intended for use with a mobile phone or other handheld device.”
- You’ll need local Chinese or Japanese based bank accounts to be paid commissions from these respective programs, while the remaining seven Associates programs will make international payments.