Squarespace is a great platform for simplifying the tedious process of building a professional website. Maybe you’ve built a Squarespace site to promote your book, music, or you’ve created a site reviewing awesome products and want to earn some affiliate revenue by posting links to Amazon or iTunes. Regardless of what you’re promoting, you want to make sure you’re connecting your audience to the easiest place for them to purchase those products, and pulling useful data out of your clicks to become a better marketer. That’s where Geniuslink comes in.
- Click on Settings > Advanced > Code Injection
That’s all there is to it. Any Amazon or iTunes link you publish on your site automatically becomes an intelligent, globalized link with the affiliate parameters that you specified in your Geniuslink account.
Note: If you don’t want to convert all links across your entire site, you can do the same code injection process under “Settings” on individual site pages.
Using Squarespace with geni.us Links
Don’t worry, you can still use our globalized links to ensure the highest conversions by building geni.us links with our Link Creator Tool. Simply create your links in the Geniuslink dashboard, then publish those links to your Squarespace site in the place of raw Amazon or iTunes links.
Tips for posting Globalized Amazon Links with the Squarespace Amazon Block
- Navigate to an insert point where you’d like to post your Amazon link and click on the Amazon icon.
- You can find the product you’d like to link to by searching “Find a Product” field, or copy / paste the URL directly from Amazon (including the ASIN code). The latter ensures you are linking to the exact product listing on Amazon where you intend to send your readers. You can also choose additional content you’d like to display alongside the link.
- Click “Apply” and you should see your Amazon link populate on the page. Spacers around the blocks can be used to help squeeze down the size of the images if you don’t like the giant images that may be displayed by default.
- Navigate to an insert point where you want to place your Amazon link and click on the “Image” icon.
- Select the image you want associated with the link.
- Enter your geni.us link for the “Clickthrough URL” for the image.
- Underneath your image insert an Amazon Block and find the item you’re linking to. Make sure “Show Image” and “Add Buy Button” are not selected, and click “Apply.”
Now you have a globalized link embedded in an image, and Squarespace will automatically populate up to date pricing and other relevant info below.
So there you have it. Simple website construction and intelligent linking combined! Thanks again to our friend Andrew for sharing tips that he employs on his own sites like www.garmentsteamer.reviews. Feel free to contact us with any additional tips or questions.