Jobs at Geniuslink
The Geniuslink Team is pioneering change in the global e-commerce industry.
Our founding team, formerly of Apple and Microsoft, is leading the charge and we're looking for smart,
hard-working, creative minds to help us transform the affiliate marketing landscape for creators, publishers,
What are we looking for?
Here at Geniuslink, each of us is passionate about kicking butt at whatever we are working on, and
having fun doing it. We honestly love what we do and don't believe in
doing it any other way. We're looking for people who are passionate about learning, have
strong communication skills and a sense of humor. We're a small, cross-functional, and agile team.
No commute necessary
In 2020 we embraced a full-time remote-work policy for all employees. We are proud to provide our team with
more freedom to maintain a healthy life balance, while staying tightly connected through our virtual office
and occasional social events.
Join the team
Think you have what it takes to help shake up the Internet with us? We are a small, dedicated team who
likes to work hard and play hard.
Your engineering chops are important, but so is your attitude, work ethic, and interests outside of
Drop us a line to tell us a little about
your background and why you're interested in joining the team.
Geniuslink is a SaaS company that helps creators, publishers, and some of the largest brands in the world
boost sales and engagement using intelligent links.
We are a small, bootstrapped Seattle company established in 2009, and we are aiming to transform the
affiliate marketing landscape.
You will be involved in all aspects of software development, from designing and
implementing the powerful APIs and algorithms that power our services to creating beautiful
client-facing features in our dashboard.
Unique opportunities exist to grow personally and professionally in our small team. Although software engineering tasks
will be your first priority, you can get your hands dirty in other areas of the business that you are
- Communicate and coordinate with the business team to gather feature requirements that empower
creators and publishers in the influencer/affiliate domain.
- Create scalable MassTransit microservices delivering near real-time data that fuels insights to
clients about link performance.
- Communicate and coordinate with other engineers to design, create, test, and deliver ServiceStack
APIs and component-based web features to clients using C# and TypeScript.
: Since 2020, we are a remote work environment. Candidates
from Washington state or Montana are preferred. In the future, we plan to get together from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or a related field) or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum two years of experience with strong knowledge of OOP, software design patterns, and
- Minimum two years of experience coordinating with a team to deliver applications.
- Minimum two years of experience designing and creating scalable, efficient, and testable middle-tier
- Minimum one year of experience designing dynamic schemas with NoSQL databases and/or relational
- Minimum one year of experience testing software and web applications (unit testing, manual testing,
and automated testing).
Nice to have
- DevOps experience working with continuous delivery systems.
- Experience with Message Based Architecture with MassTransit / RabbitMQ.
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Experience creating web APIs with ServiceStack.
- Experience with Scala / Java.
- Experience creating SPAs with VueJS or AngularJS.
Below is a list of some of the technologies you will encounter and have an opportunity to learn.
Familiarity with all of them is not required.
- C# / .NET / .NET Core
- MassTransit / RabbitMQ.
- MongoDB / MariaDB / PostgreSQL/ Redis
- Consul / Nomad / Vault
- Terraform / Ansible
- KnockoutJS / VueJS / AngularJS / TypeScript
- $75,000 - $105,000 DOE
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (we pick up half the cost)
- 8 Paid holidays
- 96 hours PTO per year, plus 8 hours per year of employment
- Paid volunteer day once a quarter
- Donation matching program
- Stock options
Culture and perks
- Geniuslink celebrates diversity and values an inclusive workplace and culture.
- Flex Fridays: Work-life balance is important to us. Since the COVID-19
pandemic we have reexamined how and when we work.
We are currently experimenting with a flexible four or five day work week. If you
accomplished your work in four days you’re welcome to not log in on Friday. If not, you should have some
quiet, focused time to get caught up (or ahead) on Friday.
- Team Events: We believe it is important to celebrate our accomplishments. Past events have included
painting classes, BBQs, bowling, and axe throwing. Due to COVID-19, team events have changed with social
distancing in mind. Recent events have included an online paella cooking class with a world class chef,
as well as a cocktail making class.