The Geniuslink Team is pioneering change in the global e-commerce industry. Our founding team, formerly of Apple and Microsoft, is leading the charge and we’re looking for smart, hard-working, creative minds to help us transform the affiliate marketing landscape for creators, publishers, and retailers.
What are we looking for?
No commute necessary
In 2020 we embraced a full-time remote-work policy for all employees. We are proud to provide our team with more freedom to maintain a healthy life balance, while staying tightly connected through our virtual office and occasional social events.
Join the team
Think you have what it takes to help shake up the Internet with us? We are a small, dedicated team who likes to work hard and play hard. Your engineering chops are important, but so is your attitude, work ethic, and interests outside of work.
Drop us a line to tell us a little about your background and why you’re interested in joining the team.
- Jr. Client Success Specialist
Jr. Client Success Specialist
As a Jr. Client Success Specialist you will work to help creators from all around the world find success in pursuing the things they are most passionate about, while also building a solid foundation for your own career growth in an exciting, fast paced, “learn as you grow,” technical environment.
This position serves as the primary point of contact for clients through direct interactions via live chat, email and phone, and is responsible for supporting and developing strong relationships with our clients by answering questions, educating them about our service, helping resolve technical issues, and escalating reported issues to the rest of the team.
While the Jr. Client Success role will begin as a more reactive, support oriented role in order to train and educate new hires on the clients we serve and the services we offer, our goal is to help new members of the team grow into more proactive senior client success roles. As new members of the team become more familiar with our service and our clients, there will be many opportunities to more proactively assist and educate our clients through content creation within our knowledge base, blog, and YouTube channel, as well as to work cross functionally with other team members to ensure we are providing our clients with the absolute best experience possible across all functions of our business.
We fundamentally believe in nurturing long term relationships with our clients, which is why we believe in “Clients, not Customers.” In simple terms this means that whether a client pays us $5 per month or $5,000, our desire to see them succeed is the same. This belief is pervasive throughout our company, and is rooted most strongly within the solid foundation of our Client Success team. We believe that by fostering and nurturing our own team’s growth, beginning first within the Client Success role, we will be able to develop client advocates across all functions of our business to ensure we are providing the absolute best service possible.
Client Success: 80%-90%
- Respond to and follow up with inbound client queries in a timely and accurate manner via live chat, email, and phone.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose client complaints / technical issues, and properly communicate solutions or alternative resolutions.
- Proactively work to build sustainable relationships and trust with clients through open and honest communication. “Go the extra mile.”
- Identify and assess clients’ needs and goals to achieve success.
- Work with clients to ensure they are leveraging our tools effectively to meet their goals and finding value in our service.
- Participate in round-robin style “Fire Watch” to periodically check in on weekends.
Supporting projects/activities: 10%-20%
- Be a client advocate while capturing client feedback and communicating feature requests / pain points to the rest of the team.
- Proactively work to develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our support processes, the team, and the company as a whole.
- Create documentation, blogs, videos, webinars, etc. to help proactively educate our clients on new / existing features, industry changes, best practices, etc.
Director of Operations: We are a small team, and all wear many different hats on a day to day basis, which means that currently all Client Success members will report to the Director of Operations. This may change as the team grows and we develop a more formal Client Success Manager position.
Remote: While Geniuslink is based primarily out of Seattle, WA, our team moved to 100% remote working in Spring of 2020 and officially closed our physical office, so this is a remote working position. The position is open to anyone within the United States, but we’d love to find candidates within the Pacific Northwest area as we hope to be able to get everyone together more often for more in-person team events (see more about Team Events below).
Because our team is remote you must have a quiet professional workspace, with reliable and consistent access to the internet for daily work as well as regular team meetings and calls with clients.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Communications (E.g. MIS, Marketing, Management, Comm., etc. ) OR 1-3 years of experience preferred in a customer-facing role, such as Customer Success, Customer Support or Account Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability/willingness to learn, and be able to explain technical subjects to non-technical clients.
- Positive, high energy, self-motivated team player.
- Adept attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills in order to balance multiple competing responsibilities.
- Empathy and patience with clients, with the ability to maintain friendly and professional communication especially when resolving difficult client issues or dealing with the occasional disgruntled client.
- Genuine curiosity and desire to help creators and marketers all around the world meet their goals and grow their businesses.
- Ability to “Make lemonade” – Look for the positive and take action, in order to adapt and learn from the ever changing daily challenges of a small business.
- Experience with managing CRM systems (E.g. Nutshell, Salesforce, Zoho, etc.)
- Experience with or interest in data analytics, potentially including querying a database (using data + analytical skills to answer questions)
- Salary DOE
- Flexible work week (4-day optional)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, and long-term disability
- 401K with matching
- 8 Paid holidays
- 96 hours PTO per year, +1 day per year of employment
- 52 hours of paid sick/medical/safe time per year
- 4 Paid volunteer days a year (1 per quarter, you choose for who/when/where)
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- Charity matching program
- Oculus Quest 2 VR set (see “Team Events”)
The Geniuslink Family
The Geniuslink team is built upon a strong mutual trust between every member of the team. This trust allows each of us to think creatively, take ownership of our work, and to have the freedom to proactively learn and grow in order to better ourselves and everyone else around us.
Our goal is to ensure that every interaction we have, no matter how long or brief, leaves everyone involved better off for having had it. We are a tight-knit and hard working team and we pride ourselves in creating a diverse and supportive workplace and culture, in order to help each team member excel and be their best selves.
- Flex Fridays: Work-life balance is incredibly important to us, and since the COVID-19 pandemic we have reexamined how and when we work. Over the past two years, we have experimented with a “Flex Fridays” work schedule, where no mandatory meetings, no check-ins, and no contact is scheduled on Fridays. This gives everyone the opportunity to wrap up any unfinished work for the week with no outside distractions, work on their own professional development, run errands, or even get an early start to their weekend if everything is all finished up. And because of the strong mutual trust our team has built, this has proven to be a great way to give everyone the freedom to manage their time in a way that works best for them while still ensuring that the necessary work is being completed.Note: As part of the Client Success team, this position will be added into our round robin style “Fire Watch” on Fridays to ensure we still have support coverage for our clients.
- More to Life than Work – As a team we all work incredibly hard, and we greatly pride ourselves on the work we do every day. In turn, this hard work earns everyone on the team flexibility. We understand that there is more to life than just work, and we also know the importance of stepping away from the computer. So as long as the work is being done, we encourage everyone on our team to step away, to take advantage of Flex Fridays, to take time off to spend with family and friends, and to get outdoors and recharge – If you want to get a run in during lunch, the team has your back… just please try not to get hurt!
- Team Events: We believe it is important to celebrate our accomplishments. Past events have included painting classes, BBQs, bowling, and axe throwing. Due to COVID-19, team events have changed with social distancing in mind. Recent events have included an online paella cooking class with a world class chef, a virtual escape room/trivia night, as well as a cocktail making class. In January 2021, Geniuslink bought the team Oculus Quest 2 headsets, and VR game nights have also been a fun way to connect while we’re all physically separated. Update: in 2022, our team is currently working to re-imagine team events in a post-COVID world. If you are excited about that, you could help shape what this looks like.
We are passionate about what we do. If you’re interested in being part of the Geniuslink family and seeing why we are so motivated to come to work every day, shoot us an email (jobs [at] geni.us) with your resume, a short note about your professional experience and aspirations, and most importantly in a few sentences describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a friend, family member, or even a stranger passing by, who needed help.